Charges have been laid against one of the country’s biggest sugar millers after a worker was electrocuted on the job in Far North Queensland two years ago.
A pineapple farm where a worker was killed last week had previously been investigated over a farmhand falling off a makeshift roofing platform made from a forklift and a fruit bin.
A company has been fined $150,000 after one of its apprentice workers suffered serious injury from an arc flash explosion at a Sydney KFC in 2017.
A man was flown to hospital with life-threatening injuries after he was electrocuted in a work accident on a Harston property on Tuesday.
An electrical company and its director have been fined $81,000 after “failures in the workplace” led to the death of fourth-year apprentice electrician, Derick Suratin.
The 48-year-old man, from Morphettville, was found unresponsive on the roof of the Aberfoyle Hub Shopping Centre, in Adelaide’s south, just before 10pm Friday.
An electrician who injured his back helping to carry a 400-kilogram switchboard has been awarded almost $1.3 million for injuries he sustained while working for Canberra electrical provider ActewAGL.
One of the main contractors on the $1.86 billion Forrestfield-Airport Link Project has been fined $150,000 for failing to provide a safe workplace after a worker suffered electrical burns to 38 per cent of their body.
The 29-year-old was working in the roof space of a beauty salon on King William Road when he received an electric shock and was taken to hospital in a critical condition.
The heartbroken sister of a Kilsyth electrician who died at work has remembered him as a selfless, hardworking brother who would do anything to support his young family.
A Toowoomba concreting business and its sole director have been fined a total of $42,500 in the Toowoomba Magistrates Court for unsafe electrical practices, exposing people to risk of serious injury or death.
Solar 2.0 Pty Ltd has been charged with two breaches of section 21(1) of the Occupational Health and Safety Act for failing to maintain a working environment that was safe and without risks to health.
The St Patrick’s College community is in mourning for a former Ballarat man who was killed after a workplace accident on the Bellarine Peninsula last week.
A South Australian electrical company that employed two supervisors who doused an apprentice in petrol before setting his clothes on fire has been fined $15,000.
A 49-year-old Gordonvale man has died and two men are in hospital after a crane came into contact with powerlines at a workplace in Far North Queensland.