A Victorian water tank manufacturer has been fined after pleading guilty to not providing a safe workplace environment after an incident where a worker lost their thumb.
The boss of both stores, was convicted and fined $40,000 in the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court yesterday after being convicted on two charges of failing to ensure a workplace under his control was safe and without risks to health.
A metal fabrication subcontractor has been charged after a man broke his back in a 4m fall at Melbourne Airport.
One of Australia’s biggest and oldest battery manufacturers has been ordered to review its five most dangerous manual tasks after a worker lost a finger in a horror accident.
The nail gun was fired by a colleague, penetrating the 16-year-old’s skull and brain.
A WorkSafe investigation is underway after a 44-year-old man was found dead at a factory in Melbourne after the building became engulfed in flames following a chemical explosion.
A man has suffered serious injuries after his arm became trapped inside the bonnet of a truck on the northern Gold Coast.
The worker was struck by the forklift just after he walked into a Port Melbourne warehouse.
The Albanese Government is seriously stepping up efforts to reduce avoidable workplace fatalities, reports Alan Austin.