A shocking level of work-related fatalities is disclosed in the figures regularly released by Safe Work Australia.
Month: October 2020
A 25-year-old woman who fell from a carnival ride in Far North Queensland late on Saturday is in a critical but stable condition in hospital.
A “one-in-million” farming accident last week resulted in the arm of an experienced worker being completely severed after it was caught in a hay baler.
Balcony falls, collapsed walls and cranes dangling off the side of high-rise skyscrapers are among a spike in horrific workplace incidents across NSW. These are the businesses which were responsible for some of the worst cases.
An increase in workplace fatalities highlights the need for industrial manslaughter to be recognised as a criminal offence.
Valley Sweep and its director Anton Zakic pleaded guilty in the Latrobe Valley Magistrates’ Court to a single charge each under the Occupational Health and Safety Act of failing to provide and maintain safe plant.
A 23-year-old apprentice worker has died and two others have been injured after a glass roof collapsed at a construction site at Curtin University in Western Australia.
A man at a Laverton North steel mill was rushed to hospital following a gory workplace accident. But the man’s employer told a court it wasn’t ultimately its fault the man was hurt.
A man has revealed how he lost two fingers in a workplace injury on the same day his brand new guitar was delivered to his home.
A tyre company and one of its directors have been fined a total of $70,000 (and ordered to pay $1,071 in costs) for failing to provide a safe work environment at their Malaga tyre outlet.
A man has been raced to hospital after severing his hand at a Baiada chicken factory this morning.
Former miner Wade Rothery has launched a $1.6 million lawsuit against his former employers, claiming their negligence left him with a severed thumb and permanent disabilities as a result of two workplace incidents.
The 29-year-old was working in the roof space of a beauty salon on King William Road when he received an electric shock and was taken to hospital in a critical condition.
A Queensland construction company and its director are facing court after a worker injured his back falling through a garbage chute opening on a building site.