A Townsville resident has been rushed to emergency in a serious condition after a fuel ignited and caused them significant burns at their workplace.
Emergency services received the call to a workplace on Jay St in Mount St John at 2.49pm.
On arrival they assessed one patient for serious burns to their chest, arms and face.
It’s believed a fuel ignited in front of them and caused the burns.
The person was transported to the Townsville University Hospital in a serious but stable condition.
Source: Townsville Bulletin