A man was flown to hospital with life-threatening injuries after he was electrocuted in a work accident on a Harston property on Tuesday.
Shepparton police Sergeant Mark Phillips said two men were using a forklift to move a grain auger when the auger touched overhead powerlines about 11.30 am.
The 72-year-old man was standing on the forks and holding onto the auger, at the Donaldson Rd property. The man’s clothes caught fire and he received third degree burns to his body, Sgt Phillips said.
He was airlifted to Melbourne’s Alfred hospital in a critical condition, with injuries including internal electrical burns.
WorkSafe is investigating the incident.
A second man, also from Tatura, received burns to his hands.
Source: Shepp News